Due to COVID 19 restrictions,, the Information Desk at Garratt St is longer in operation.
Because of this, we will no longer be able to distribute copies of the Updates sent by Pioneers Australia.
Instead of collecting a magazine from the Information Desk, you can visit Pioneers Australia's website, read their latest and sign up for their updates to be sent to you individually from the Home Page. https://pioneers.org.au/
Pioneers Australia vision is for ministry to Unreached People and we have links with them through our partnership with Phil and Jenny Malone in Thailand over the past 15 years.
Michele Black - Psalm 68:19
Praise be to the Lord, to God our Saviour, who daily bears our burdens.
This morning I woke up to a text message from our case worker Sally who wrote ‘Just letting you know that we have official approval to proceed’.
At 7am I had a phone call with her that went for over an hour as she explained step by step the whole process of what an Intercountry adoption entails.
Read the rest of Michele's news in the PDF below,.
We had some exciting news this past week that has lifted our spirits a lot - please take some time to read about it and join us in praying for some specific things.
We trust you are all doing ok during this season of uncertainty. Please let us know how we can also be praying for you too.
Michele and Flora xo
Open PDF for full Prayer Requests from Michele
Read the message below sent by Phil about a book he has written and this is free to download.
Michele's Newsletter from June is published in two parts.
Follow the link to Phil and Jenny's latest Newsletter.
They are now located in Melbourne and in the planning phases for their new ministry here in Australia.
David writes that the rate of infection in South Africa seems to have reached its peak and is slowing, that the children have been able to go back to school and that the family has been able to go out on their days off.
To read the full Newsletter, download the file listed below.
A pump and tap have now been fitted to the rainwater tank in the basement of the Garratt Street Centre so that we can harness this valuable resource.
Gardening Team members are very excited as it means that they can now proceed to install the irrigation system and then get on with the business of planting!
In consultation with Mona, who has developed the overall design, team members have been propagating plants since the beginning of the year. The bush fires and then the pandemic lock down prevented us from getting tasks in time for autumn planting - so now they are eager to move ahead.
Prior to the introduction of this new water source, the building had only one external tap which was not well positioned for an irrigation system.
A list of the supplies now needed to build the irrigation is now being compiled and costed. Thanks Kaye and Patrick!
The last CAP Money Course was conducted in two parts on 26 July and 8 August 2020 in the Community Room at The Garratt Street Centre with COVID Safety measures in place.
Robert Ardill, Lead Money Coach at Tuggeranong Baptist Church, reported that:
- Eight people registered and seven attended the CAP Money course on Saturday 8 August.
- Overall a very good group for discussion and sharing.
- We socially distanced and everyone brought their own food and drink and pens and pencils etc.
- All the materials handed out were distributed with gloved hands….surfaces wiped after finishing the course.
Comments from some of the Delegates who attended.:
- Thanks Coaches, that is a good course.
- I also heard a few good tips during the sessions and am inspired to check on a few things in my own budget.
- I had a good time at the Money Management course, as I did last time I took it. I think, for this course it was very helpful for me to do it twice. Just to get my head around the concepts. I think you are all very professional and very helpful people and I have at least one friend that I am sure will take your course.